Resetting a NEO to factory defaults.
Resetting a NEO to factory defaults will
result in the following:
- Deletes all AlphaWord Plus files.
- Deletes all AlphaQuiz files.
- Returns all System settings and SmartApplet settings back
to the defaults.
- Resets the master password (password protection will be
turned off after resetting to factory defaults).
To reset the NEO to factory defaults:
1) Start with the device turned
Note: The NEO cannot be reset when it's plugged in via AC adapter.
2) Press and hold the
<right-shift> and <backspace> keys.
holding the <right-shift> and <backspace> keys, turn the unit on by
pressing the <on/off> key.
4) When the
dialog "Are you sure you want to reset the AlphaSmart to factory
defaults?" appears on the screen, press Y (for yes).
5) Enter the reset password:
Note: Sometimes multiple
keystrokes can be registered while typing the reset password. Make sure only
one asterisk appears per letter typed.
6) Press <Enter>.
Note: If you performed the
factory defaults reset correctly, you should see Initializing AlphaSmart
System. If it was not done correctly, it will take you right back to the
last file you were in and you will need to try it again.